A Sales Consultant (Apparel) position is available at the Shoprite location in Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa; the reference number for this position is SHO230209-10. All applications must be submitted before March 6, 2023.
Purpose of the Job
Building a new apparel brand is one of the primary responsibilities of the Sales Consultant position, along with contributing to an exceptional service culture, upholding store standards and ensuring operational excellence, and delivering service and sales strategies in collaboration with the team. This position is responsible for the delivery of merchandising plans, loss prevention and mitigation plans related to those plans, the achievement of sales targets, and supporting efforts to ensure return customer traffic to the store as a key indicator of success.
The role of the Sales Consultant is focused entirely on the customer experience, including how the store appears and feels to customers as well as how profitable sales are generated.
- Provide a welcoming and interesting experience for your customers by working together with the team. Keep a cheery and active environment, paying special attention to providing excellent service to customers and maintaining good relations with the public.
- Take part in daily, weekly, and monthly store meetings to receive and share information about store and individual performance, recognize outstanding customer service and sales, drive the identification of training needs and attendance, and provide updates on store operations and standards as well as broader company initiatives that are currently under way.
- Ensure that you adhere to trading hours, procedural opening and closing standards (including key carrier controls), and sufficient resourcing cover in order to cater to the requirements of your customers (considering peak trading trends).
- Keep the appearance of the business in accordance with all applicable guidelines and standards. Maintain an orderly, tidy, and well-stocked environment at all times. Maintain high standards for the product variety, stock levels, and presentation by adhering to all standards related to signage and labeling, planogram integrity, seasonal style guides, and merchandise presentation. This will ensure that the front of the house continues to maintain high standards (and related stock smoothing).
- Help with any and all elements of the front-of-house operations, including sales, price and promotion discounts, reduced to clear, donations, and associated pricing material.
- Support, oversee, and prevent losses in the front of the house by drawing attention to any areas that need it and/or influencing the appropriate administration of sales-oriented activities.
- Discuss your ideas for the ongoing enhancement of the shopping experience for customers and the front-of-house procedures of stores, as well as ideas for marketing campaigns, customer service, and other aspects of business. Take part in an atmosphere that encourages creativity and openness to new ideas.
- Offer assistance to the larger Team as well as any other stores or initiatives that might need it.
- Contribute to a culture in which non-negotiable compliance with the company’s guidelines, standards, procedures, and policies is the norm. This includes, but is not limited to, safety protocols pertaining to health and safety (OHSACT), security, and associated loss prevention.
- Grade 12
Relevant post-matric courses and qualifications
- a minimum of one year of experience working in a retail or service-oriented business environment, preferably one that emphasizes customer service, sales, and stock management.
- person with a lot of enthusiasm who has experience working in the clothing or fashion retail industry.
- Understanding of company policies and procedures, operational controls, loss protection and mitigation, health and safety – OHSACT procedures, and other retail store-related procedures, standards, and guidelines
- The ability to work flexible schedules during the day, afternoon, and evening, as well as on weekends and holidays, while still complying with legal requirements.
- Exposure to retail systems, technologies, and new innovations.
- Knowledge and Abilities vivacious, enthusiastic, creative, well-groomed, reliable, punctual, and not scared of hard work; these are all desirable qualities in a hard worker.
- a social personality that flourishes around people (store team and customers) – makes people feel comfortable by adapting their approach to suit the needs of the people they are interacting with. team-oriented.
- able to handle problems, think quickly and learn new things while remaining flexible and adaptable.
- Perform well under pressure and juggle a number of competing objectives effectively.
- A focus on sales along with a keen eye for detail and the ability to implement planograms, seasonal style guides, and other forms of visual merchandising according to the specifications required of them is essential.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to engage others in stimulating conversation while maintaining a high level of attentiveness.
- Strong physically, with the ability to do things like stand or walk for extended periods of time, carry things, and scale ladders, among other things.
- compliance, adherence to a rigorous code of behavior, and honesty are all essential.
When hiring both internally and externally, we are dedicated to following Employment Equity guidelines.
It is the policy of the business to give promotions to current employees whenever that option is available. In light of this, I want to make sure that you are aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing applicants from the outside, provided that this helps us accomplish our Employment Equity goals.
ShopRite is an employer that provides equitable opportunities for everyone. Please take into consideration that your application was not successful if you do not hear from us within the next 30 days, despite the fact that we make every effort to respond to all applicants whenever it is feasible to do so.
Apply on CompanySite
Thank you for taking the time to visit Sajobpotal.live. We are dedicated to providing job seekers with the most recent and up-to-date Vacancies in and around South Africa, and we hope you will return