Location: Various Provinces
Participate in the Dis-Chem Pharmacies Cosmetics Retail Learnership as a member of the pilot group. This learnership is taking place in locations all over the East Rand. The only requirements are a high school diploma and an interest in the makeup, cosmetics, and retail sales industries. The administration will be located solely in the cosmetics department, which is also where current employees will receive training to prepare them for careers as Cosmetic Sales Consultants. We have restricted positions available, so don’t delay your application!
- A minimal grade point average of fifty percent or more in both mathematics and literature is required for matriculation.
- Enthusiastic about makeup and other forms of personal grooming
- ready and able to perform during normal business hours
- competent in using computers and the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Previous experience operating within the retail sector of the workforce
license to drive and familiarity working with SAP are both required.
Function and Duties:
- Help is needed with loading and unloading stock, as well as unpacking merchandise as it comes in.
- To avoid any losses, exercise extreme caution when handling the merchandise in question.
- Assistance and guidance should be provided to all customers in a manner that is friendly, helpful, and courteous.
- Makeovers, cosmetic demonstrations, spray marketing activities, and other events can be used to demonstrate various products.
- Customers should be given advice, but they should not be forced to switch from the company they are most loyal to.
- Following the processes and procedures for stock turnover will help you keep track of damaged and expired inventory.
- When it is necessary, you will assist with the counting of stock files as well as the overall stock-taking.
- It is imperative that a high standard of cleanliness, merchandising, and displays be upheld throughout the entirety of the retail establishment, particularly in the storefront area.
- Display items in a fashion that is appealing to the eye.
- Always make sure that the cabinets are stocked with the complete assortments of products.
- Management needs to be informed about low stock levels, products that are currently out of stock, damaged stock, and expired stock.
- The out-of-stock list for customer support needs to be consulted in response to every inquiry from a customer about an item that is currently unavailable.
- Dis-standards Chem’s require that merchandise be marked and that showcases be kept in good condition.
- Please inform administration of any and all price inconsistencies.
- Handle financial transactions at the Point of Entry of the Cosmetics Department (POS).
- Carry out advertising endeavors in accordance with the requirements of the company.
- Resolve consumer queries/complaints.
- Within the Cosmetics Department, you should strive to meet the sales goals set for the various vendors and products that you sell.
- Maintain an up-to-date, in-depth understanding of both currently available products and brands as well as the retail industry as a whole.
- Make sure that the appointments you book at the salon are done in the correct manner.
- Maintain responsibility for the marketing of all fragrances, cosmetics, and beauty house products.
- Learn, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Compelling communication
- Skills in interpersonal communication and assistance to customers
- a focus on the team
- Time management abilities
- Sincere and deserving of confidence
- Basic Financial Abilities
- Comprehending the requirements of the client
- Imaginative reflection
- Target and deadline motivated
- Capacity to work under pressure Attention to precision Capability to work under pressure
- Additional Vocabulary, Number Two
- Possession of the ability to comprehend stock records and sales
Special conditions of employment
- a native or resident of South Africa
- MIE – No Infractions on Your Credit or Criminal Record
- a valid driver’s license or alternative evidence of transportation
- Possess the ability and the willingness to labor during retail hours.
Remuneration and benefits:
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE THAT ALL APPLICATIONS THAT HAVE BEEN STATED WILL BE CLOSED ON MARCH 6, 2023.