The FIX is currently seeking 15 candidates to fill Buyer Assistant positions at various locations throughout South Africa. To be considered, candidates interested in this position must be available to work full-time and submit their applications as soon as feasible.
We have a number of jobs available that might be just what you need to start or enhance your career.
Click through to see a list of roles that are now available in, among other places, credit, value-added services, manufacturing, IT, marketing, purchasing, and human resources.
The FIX, a retailer with more than a century of experience, also has the mindset to carry the firm beyond the fourth industrial revolution with our innovative e-commerce strategy, manufacturing growth goals, and technologically sophisticated business and people practices. Since people are the most important success factor in fulfilling our purpose, we have created a culture that encourages both individual and corporate success.
Our attraction approach is set up to provide you with the greatest experience possible, regardless of whether you are a fresh graduate, conducting your first job hunt, or an expert in your field.
If you are young (in age or spirit), enthusiastic, and want to be a part of a company with experience in the past and a clear vision for the future, start your adventure right now by researching the numerous employment opportunities available.
At The FIX, our key principles include performance, inspiration, honesty, motivation, ingenuity, and realness. We are looking for store managers and sales associates who have a passion for sports and being active and healthy, in addition to a leader who builds, inspires and encourages a top-performing team. Do you help people accomplish their goals on and off the field? then join us in our aim to ensure that everyone has access to sport and fitness in order to inspire & unleash potential.
THE FIX Position Description:
As a Buyer’s Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Administratively supporting all aspects of the buying process.
- Ensuring timeous placement of orders onto the purchasing system.
- Maintaining a control system for the sample room.
- Compiling, balancing, and updating spreadsheets and reports.
- Maintaining quality assurance control and audit of samples.
- Building constructive and mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers.
- All preparations before presentations
- General office administration and ad hoc duties as required by the department.
The successful candidate must:
- Be highly organized, numerate, and have exceptional coordination ability
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and build and maintain working relationships including being helpful and assisting where necessary in the department.
- Show initiative, be pro-active, enthusiastic, and self-motivated
- Have high energy levels
- Have the ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Excel in a pressurized environment
- Have a problem-solving approach to work
- Able to work with a large workload and remain efficient
- Must be able to work with a team
- Must possess a positive attitude
- Have a minimum of a Matric Qualification
- Have a working knowledge of Ms Word and Excel (ODBMS would be advantageous)
- Previous experience as a Buyer’s Assistant is required
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups regarding the Employment Equity Act. Please ensure that your Line Manager and HR are aware of your application.
Our staff members are entitled to a range of discounts on products from several TFG companies, both online and in-store. TFG cares about the well-being of its employees, so we provide a 24/7 Helpline for counseling support. Employees may choose to make flexible contributions to TFG’s retirement fund. TFG offers its staff members and their immediate families cheap access to high-quality medical care through its internal medical plan. To help our employees advance their skills for employment at our head office and across all of our brands in all areas, we provide a wide range of learning and development options, such as internships, learnerships, skill development, academic programs, and bursaries.
APPLY FOR THESE JOBS AT THE COMPANY SITE