Foschini is now hiring, we are looking for 23 people to fill the Buyers assistant positions in various jobs around South Africa, Applicants who are interested in this job advertisement must be willing to work on a full-time basis and should apply as soon as possible to be considered
We offer a variety of positions that could be exactly what you need to launch or advance your career.
For a list of currently open positions in, among other areas, credit, value-added services, manufacturing, IT, marketing, buying, and human resources, click through.
With our innovative e-commerce strategy, manufacturing growth ambitions, and technologically advanced business and people practices, TFG, a retailer with more than a century of expertise, also has the attitude to propel the company beyond the fourth industrial revolution. We have established a culture that supports both individual and corporate success because we recognize that people are the most crucial success factor in achieving our mission.
Whether you’re a recent graduate, a first-time job search, or an expert in your area, our attraction model is set up to provide you the best experience possible.
Start your adventure today by looking into the various job options available if you are young (in age or in spirit), energetic, and want to be a part of a company with experience in the past and a clear vision for the future.
As a Buyer’s Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Administratively supporting all aspects of the buying process.
- Ensuring timeous placement of orders onto the purchasing system.
- Maintaining a control system for the sample room.
- Compiling, balancing, and updating spreadsheets and reports.
- Maintaining quality assurance control and audit of samples.
- Building constructive and mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers.
- All preparations prior to presentations
- General office administration and ad hoc duties as required by the department.
The successful candidate must:
- Be highly organized, numerate, and have exceptional coordination ability
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to build and maintain working relationships incl. being helpful and assisting where necessary in the department.
- Show initiative, be pro-active, enthusiastic, and self-motivated
- Have high energy levels
- Have the ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Excel in a pressurized environment
- Have a problem-solving approach to work
- Able to work with a large workload and remain efficient
- Must be able to work with a team
- Must possess a positive attitude
- Have a minimum of a Matric Qualification
- Have a working knowledge of Ms. Word and Excel (PMM and buyer plan would be advantageous)
- Previous experience as a Buyer’s Assistant is required
Candidates from defined categories under the Employment Equity Act shall receive preference, but not exclusively. Please make sure your HR department and line manager are aware of your application.
Our employees enjoy a range of discounts on merchandise at a multitude of TFG brands both online and in-store. Employee Well-being is important to us therefore TFG provides employees with a 24/7 Helpline for counseling support. Employees have the option of making flexible contributions to TFG’s Retirement Fund.TFG has an in-house Medical Scheme offering employees and their immediate families access to comprehensive medical care at reduced costs. In order to help our employees develop their talents for roles at our head office and across all of our brands in all locations, we provide a wide range of learning and development options, including internships, learnerships, skill development, academic programs, and bursaries.
Apply for this job at the company site
Thank you for taking the time to visit Sajobpotal.live. We are dedicated to providing job seekers with the most recent and up-to-date Vacancies in and around South Africa, and we hope you will return soon