The Department of Health in Gauteng province is looking for candidates to apply for the available operators of laundry washing machines. The vacancies is in the directorate of laundry services and successful candidates will get paid R 122 595.00 per annum (plus benefits). The vacancies location is Johannesburg Provincial Laundry.
- A minimum of NQF level 3 qualification or grade 10 certificate or equivalent qualification with an operating certificate.
- 5 years experience in (operating specialised equipment). Knowledge: of a limited range of handling of laundry industrial machine operator equipment, working procedure in respect of laundry industrial machine operator working environment and elementary duties such as courier service, planning and organising skills.
- Basic numeracy, literacy, good communication, ability to perform routine tasks and Basic interpersonal relationship skills and have the ability to liaise with stakeholders.
- Be prepared to work under pressure and able to work in a team. Be prepared to rotate and work shifts. Be prepared to do physical labour.
- It is a legal requirement that employees wear protective clothing. The following will be an added advantage: Grade 10/12 with 3 years Industrial Laundry experience. Computer literate.
Controlling the water level, air pressure and steam supply, before operating the Tunnel washers. Clean tumble dryers, filters and surrounding areas. Cleaning, loading and monitor conveyer belt, loading of soiled linen onto the conveyer belt. Monitor of clean linen and release from dryers and deliver to next work station. Constant supervision of chemical pump performance supplying liquid soap machine. Report any disturbance and malfunctions on tunnel washers immediately to Supervisor. Execute all legal instructions by Supervisor or Management.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted on a (PDF Format Only) to the following email address Supporthr.Cmjah@gauteng.gov.za Only online application will be considered.
Enquiries: Mr. HP Van Zyl TEL (O11) 484 2627
PLEASE USE THE REFERENCE AS THE SUBJECT. The Department of Health is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity employment, especially of race, gender and disability. Applications must be submitted on a new Z83 form (obtainable from any Public Service Department or on www.dpsa.gov.za/documents) with a C.V, Certified copies (not older than 6 months) of I.D and Qualifications to be attached. applications must include three (3) contactable references.
The suitable candidate will be subjected to personnel suitability checks (criminal record check, citizenship verification, qualification/study verification and previous employment verification) Suitable candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes.
Closing Date: 04-02-2022