Standard Bank Learnership is a programme that helps unemployed South African matriculants and graduates gain employment experience in the financial services industry. This learnership is a 12-month programme providing professional exposure to different roles within Standard Bank branches and offices throughout South Africa.
Successful candidates will be selected based on specific qualifications and requirements and will sign a 12-month fixed-term employment and learnership contract. The learnership recipients will be given learner allowance of R2 500 a month for the duration of their programme. Upon successful completion of the learnership programme, candidates will receive an accredited National Certificate in Banking (NQF level 4).
Learnership Requirements and Eligibility
- 18 to 30 years old
- Speaking, reading and writing English skills
- Matric completion with passing mark in Mathematics, Maths Literacy and Accounting
- Computer literate
- Not permanently employed
- Not studying at any other institution
- Not registered on any other learnership
As part of the application process, the applicants will be background-checked for register for employees dismissed, credit record, criminal record, reference checks with previous employers (if applicable), educational qualifications and proof of South African citizenship, residency or work permit.
How to Apply and Application Details
- Register your profile on the Standard Bank Graduate site
- Complete the online assessment and have at least 60% mark.
- After passing the online assessment, the applicants will be contacted to perform competency-based tests.
- The final step will require a face-to-face interview.
Applications done in any other method except for online application will be rejected.
Closing Date: None
There are a couple of different once and they may not all open at the same time. Applicants are advised to be on the watch out when the year starts so they don’t miss out on this opportunity.