About Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA)
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) is a branch of the Gauteng Department of Education that aims to promote skills development in Gauteng. This is done through the establishment of learnerships, internships, bursaries and career guidance programmes. The Gauteng youth, business sectors and Gauteng government employees are the major beneficiaries of the GCRA.
GCRA Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- A South African citizen
- Students who completed matric and reside in Gauteng
- Youth residing in Gauteng between the ages of 18 to 35 years.
- Students studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate qualification at an accredited PSET institution.
- Students who want to pursue Post-Graduate studies and have been accepted at an accredited institution of higher learning
The following students automatically qualify but must complete the application forms
How to Apply and Application Details
Prepare the following document to accompany your application:
- Certified copy of Matric Certificate (not more than three months) and results if doing a semester course.
- Certified copy of Identity Document (not more than three months)
- Acceptance letter from Institution
- Proof of address (either a Water and Electricity bill, stamped ward councilors letter or in case of rural areas a recognized letter from traditional authority)
- Motivation letter (Indicating why they require and deserve financial assistance)
- Proof of parents financial standing if employed (both parents salary advices). Affidavits will be required for the following:
- If single parented
- Unemployed parents
- Guardianship – an affidavit and proof of guardianship
- Orphans – include death certificates
- Applicants whose surnames are different from parents and/or guardians
closing 31 March 2021.
HOW TO APPLY
Tel: 0800 000 789 or 011 355 0000
Address: 17 Simmonds Street, Marshalltown, Johannesburg, 2000