Department of health is having available position for handyman in western cape metro east district maintenance, Lentegeur Hospital and the salary of R145 281 per annum excluding overtime and bonus.
This position have service benefits of 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical care allowance.
handyman Minimum requirement:
- Basic literacy
- numeracy skills.
Appropriate experience as a handyman within a hospital department will add as advantage.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s license with zero restriction.
- Must be prepared wok on overtime and do standby duties.
- Must be physically fit perform duties required.
- Ability to function independently, plan ahead (pro-active) and ability to work with colleague a team.
- Ability to stick to safety standards.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Assist with repairs and installation of projects, emergency breakdowns.
- Maintain and repair of plant equipment.
- Assist in preventive maintenance procedures, such as; autoclave, steam generators, water tanks, chlorifiers and standby generators.
- Basic plumbing, electrical, carpentry, welding, repairs and installations.
- Assist with the control and requisitioning of fabric and parts.
- Strict adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Note: A practical test could also be conducted during the interview process. No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
How to Apply
The Director: People Practices and Administration
Department of Health, PO Box 2060
Cape Town, 8000.
Closing date: 16-October-2020
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed fully , clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, amid a comprehensive CV, the names of three referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate form must be completed for every post. Applications without the afore-mentioned won’t be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications are going to be accepted. CV’s won’t be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the deadline , won’t be considered. Further communication are going to be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you’ve got not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the deadline , please consider your application as unsuccessful. it’ll be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
Thanks for visiting SA JOB POTAL please call again…