Standard Bank JOB DETAILS
Group Shared Services: driving operational excellence, transparency and continuous improvement across our business, by leveraging scale, capabilities and innovation.
To lead operational support teams in accordance with risk controls and service requirements to maintain operational effectiveness and business service level requirements.
• Facilitate the operational teams to ensure accurate reconciliation of bank accounts to mitigate risk and prevent losses.
• Facilitate the operational teams to ensure the vendor claims are submitted as per the service level agreements to prevent losses.
• Facilitate the operational teams to ensure that the correct and timeous settlements are received to prevent losses.
• Control and maintain the operational cost, budgets and recoveries to maintain an effective cost-controlled environment.
• Authorise client refunds affecting the account balances to prevent reputational and financial risks.
• Monitor and coordinate resolution of queries and escalations regionally by providing consistent feedback to business partners and vendors as per the service level agreements to optimise client satisfaction.
• Collaborate and support business partner, stakeholder, vendor and client relationships to maintain business objectives and client service level agreements.
• Escalate vendor inefficiencies stemming from root cause analysis affecting service level agreements in order to mitigate losses.
• Execute operational projects, roll-outs and changes to maintain operational effectiveness and relevance.
• Review and coordinate staff capacity to ensure operational effectiveness within the area of control.
Risk, Reg, Prudential & Compliance
• Drive operational risk controls in adherence to legislative requirements, policies and procedures within area of control to prevent losses and audit failures.
• Conduct routine operational system checks and scrutinise to prevent audit findings and losses.
• Lead the regional Operational Support Team according to the Bank’s leadership principles and values, including employee lifecycle from recruitment through to exit, performance management, training and development, discipline and grievance management, retention and reward and people administration, to ensure a high performance culture within the regional Operational Support Team.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Diploma in Business Commerce/Finance/Accounting
• 5-7 years experience in people management and coaching
• 5-7 years experience in cash services products and processing
• Coaching and Mentoring
• Business Administration Skills
• Risk Management
• Performance Management
• Effective Business Communication
• Cash Reconciliation