- Ensure packing machines are correctly allocated and utilised to meet production requirements – change over bag-maker and Ishida when required and ensure sufficient materials are available for production requirements.
- Ensure required efficiencies are maintained.
- Identify areas of waste and inefficiency within the production process and suggest remedies to improve yield and efficiencies.
- Minimise film waste.
- Ensure that all equipment is properly maintained by monitoring and informing engineering and by carrying out minor repairs on packaging equipment.
- Ensure that quality control audits are carried out and relevant reports completed.
·Grade 12 or equivalent
·Related tertiary qualification
·Literate, numerate and confident in the use of panel view computer screens.
·Working knowledge and understanding of all control systems, including PLC’s.
·Knowledge of quality control specifications and techniques