The South African Centre for Carbon Capture & Storage (SACCCS) was established in 2009 and is a South African National Energy Development Institute (SANEDI), a State-Owned Entity of the Department of Energy. SACCCS is also an authority for Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) related activities in South Africa. Carbon Capture & Storage is a new technology and is one of the eight Near-Term Flagship Programmes in the National Climate Change Response Strategy white paper by the Department of Environmental Affairs. This year, SACCCS has started a Pilot CO2 Storage Project (PCSP).
As an aim to improve the energy research and development human capital available to the country, the South African Centre for Carbon Capture and Storage (SACCCS) invites students to apply for academic financial support in the form of the bursary. Bursaries are available to Honours, Masters and Doctorate students in the field of research-based studies and are subject to SACCCS bursary conditions failure to comply will result to the withdrawal of the bursary.
The Bursary will be awarded for one year only for full-time study and should be renewed according to SACCCS decision based on the availability of funds and grantee’s academic results.
SACCCS Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizen
- Full-time student at the university/university of technology
- Students who wish to pursue career in the fields related to Carbon Capture and Storage
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the SACCCS bursary application form.
- Accompany your application with certified copies of the following documents:
- Matric certificate
- Academic record
- University/University of Technology proof of registration
- Submit application by post or by email:
- Post: P O Box 786141, Sandton, 2146
- Email: EvelynN@sanedi.org.za / ThaboM@sanedi.org.za
None. Open annually.
Bursaries applications can be submitted throughout the year, as this bursary does not have an appointed time of closing date.
Ms. Evelyn Nyandoro / Mr. Thabo Mosia
Phone: 011 038 4315/4389
Address: South African Centre for Carbon Capture and Storage, Block C, 152 Ann Crescent Street Snadton
Post: P O Box 786141, Sandton, 2146
Email: EvelynN@sanedi.org.za / ThaboM@sanedi.org.za