This advert is open for application by external applicants. Equity Statement :Transnet and its Operating Divisions (ODs) are committed to the transformation of the workplace and the constitutional imperatives enshrined in the Employment Equity Act. Transnet will give preference to suitably qualified applicants who are members of the designated groups defined as Black people (including African and Coloured Females of all ethnic groups and people living with disabilities who are citizens of the Republic of South Africa by birth or descent, or become citizens of the Republic of South Africa by naturalisation; in line with Transnet and its Operating Divisions Employment Equity Policy and Plan.
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
PE-mail : Recruitment3@transnet.net
The closing date is on 22.02.2019. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to FATIMA.ABRAHAMS@TRANSNET.NET.
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com Operating Division : Transnet Pipelines
Position Title : Electrician CP Kroonstad
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Engineering
Location : Kroonstad
Reporting To : Cathodic Protect Field Technician Ladys
Grade Level : I3
Reference Number : 40001028
Position Purpose : The incumbent of this post is responsible for electrical maintenance and repairs of the pipeline in classified locations and potentially explosive atmospheres to international standards. Position outputs :
1. PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE To perform preventative maintenance tasks on electrical equipment by detecting, repairing and reporting defects, thereby ensuring reliable equipment for the continuous operation of the pipeline e.g. Transformer Rectifier Units (TRU), Forced Drainage Units (FDU), Natural Drainage Units (NDU), AC Mitigation. PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056
. 2. DEFECT REPAIR • Identify, analyse and repair defects on installed (live) equipment. Repair specific installed (live) equipment by performing diagnostic tests to identify defects and effect repairs. Reading and understanding schematics and computerised reports.
3. Cathodic Protection Key roles included: Installation, monitoring and maintenance of a remote monitoring system. • Maintenance, fault-finding and repairs on Transnet pipeline rectifier units. • Carrying out duties in and around petrochemical environments. • CP Tests and surveys ( Soil resistivity, PCM, Data logging) • CP installations (General) • Take responsibility for the installation, commissioning and maintenance of systems which form part of projects countrywide • Interpret Electrical drawing and panel wiring • Test insulation Flange , CP bonding and wrapping • And all other CP related equipment
4. REFURBISHMENT AND MODIFICATION OF ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT – Refurbishing equipment by disassembling the equipment, replacing defective parts, reassembling and testing the equipment to the manufacturers specification e.g. • Transformers Rectifier Units • Forced Drainage Units • Natural Drainage Units • AC Mitigation
6. HIGH VOLTAGE EQUIPMENT Obtaining authorisation and undertaking switching (A-Brown) and earthing on high voltage switchgear and equipment, issuing of work and test permits as well as undertaking maintenance of the above equipment. Also supervise unathorised personnel in substations and HT yards Work to a clearance of live high voltage equipment as per electrical instruction
7. SAFETY • Attend Meetings • Do Safety Inspections • Use of safety equipment • Ensure compliance of Equipment for flameproof safety and standards • HT – Ensure safety of personnel
8. ADMIN The effective control of administration duties which includes:- • Reports (defect, inspection) • Obtain and cancel hot and cold work permits (Electrical and Mechanical) • Job cards • Operate SAP Modules (PM & IM)
9. INTELLIGENT PIGGING Monitor an Intelligent Pigging process during a pipeline survey by identifying suitable monitoring points, installing monitoring devices, observing the actual time of arrival of the Intelligent Pig, reporting the relevant information to all role players timeously as well as undertaking defect repairs.
Qualifications & Experience : Trade Test Electrical (3 years) with 3 years Electrical on the Job experience. Must have adequate knowledge of Cathodic PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056. Protection and Electrical equipment in a Petrochemical environment to be able to function on his/her own. The following courses must be passed with practical on the job experience during the three years’ experience in TRANSNET PIPELINES. Computer literate SAP Course in Plant Maintenance (MM & IM Modules). Inventory, Word Excel, etc. High Voltage safety instructions (A-Brown) Thereafter a person has to get practical experience (training) on depots in the region until passed out. He/she has to attend a refresher course every two years. GHSTC (Safety) course Fire Fighting Environmental training Code 08 drivers licence Working in confined spaces Cathodic Protection course ( Basic course) Theory: Operations Course: Thereafter a person has to get practical experience (training) on the depot where based until passes out on depot/manifold(s) Knowledge of testing instruments i.e. Megger, Holiday detector, etc Hazardous area training First Aid Level 11 Hot Work Permit Excavation Permit Bonding course Chillers and HVAC Wireman licence
Competencies : – Interpersonal Skills – Management & Supervisory skills – Conflict Handling Skills – Tenacity – Analytical – Problem Solving skills PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.