NSFAS Appeal form National student Financial Aid Scheme
To transform NSFAS into an en efficient and effective provider of financial aid to students from poor and working class families in a sustainable manner that promotes access to, and success in, higher and further education and training, in pursuit of South Africa`s national and human resource development goals
APPEALS PROCESS – new applicants ONLY
The purpose of this page is to communicate the appeals process for new applicants who are disputing the funding decision made by NSFAS.
- The following are valid reasons denial of funding or being placed on the unfunded list, and appeals will not be considered in such cases:
- Applications submitted past the NSFAS stipulated deadline;
- Applicants who did not submit documents for their application by the NSFAS deadline;
- Applicants who were provisionally funded but not register for their funded qualification by the deadline;
- Students who did not submit a signed SOP or LAP by the stipulated deadline date; and
- Applicants for whom there was insufficient funding or for who there was insufficient funding to fund their entire qualification(based on funder and funder product selected).
- New applicants will lodge an appeal with NSFAS directly using the NSFAS appeals form—New Applicants within the academic year that the funding decision made. The form must be downloaded from the website or requested via email from appeal email account (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- New applicants must complete the form in full, sign it and submit it to the following email address:email@example.com
- A template will be prepared by NSFAS for the purposes of submission to NSFAS Credit committee.
- NSFAS Credit Committee will meet during first week of February each year to process all appeals and communicate the outcomes to the new applicants before the start of the academic year
- NSFAS will infirm various institutions of their outcomes for the affected new applicants.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE APPEALS FORM
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO INDIVIDUAL APPEALS FROM RETURNING STUDENTS WILL BE PRECESSES. ALL RETURNING STUDENT APPEALS MUST BE ROUTED VIA THE FAO.